Spangleyboards backing panels are 25cm by 25cm, 8 rows x 8 columns holding a total of 64 discs. There are 16 Spangleyboards in one square meter (approx. 11 square feet)
Each individual Spangleyboard is pre-drilled for fixing screws or it can be glued to another substrate. If gluing, you should choose a fast tacking glue that dries quickly to a firm bond carefully following the manufacturer’s instructions. Test any glue first to confirm adhesion.
Spangleyboards can be easily cut to size or into individual strips by simply scoring the back with an Exacto-knife and snapping the board.
Aluminium pins are pre-moulded into the panels. After the backing panel is attached to the substrate, the coloured reflective disc slips over the pin-head and clicks into place.
Spangleyboards are shipped with their discs separate from the backing boards. It will take one person about one hour to attach the discs for one square meter of Spangleyboards; longer for a complicated design.
Reflectostrips can be stapled, taped or glued to a variety of backing materials.
Reflectostrips come with their discs pre-attached and the strips can be easily cut to size for any kind of job.
Optimum staple positions
Reflecto-Lite can be stapled onto wood or any surface which staples can penetrate. Be sure to use rust-proof (stainless steel) staples for outdoor applications. Stapling is the fastest and most cost efficient way of installing Reflecto-Lite. With a power staple gun, 80 to 120 lineal feet of Reflectostrips can be installed in one hour.
- For a rapid and exact installation, you may want to rule lines with chalk or use a hand held spacer.
- With the power stapler, straddle the backing strip and staple about 3 or 4 staples per strip.
- When stapling Reflecto-Lite, have the backing strips go either in a horizontal direction (i.e. install Reflecto-Lite from the top to the bottom) or in a vertical direction (install Reflecto-Lite from the left to the right).
- Letters should be at least 25 to 30 cm (10 to 12 inches) high and the stroke should take at least two rows of Reflecto-Lite.
- Space the small disc strips about 2.5cm / 1 inch on centre. (So the discs don’t touch – Then the wind will be able to move them)
- Space the large disc strips about 4.5cm / 1-3/4 inches on centre.
- Never let the discs hang over the painted copy.
If taping Reflectostrips, use a high quality, strong bonding, all weather durable, double sided tape.
When using glue, we advise you to follow carefully the instructions of the glue manufacturer. As there are many excellent adhesives on the market choose the glue to fit the specific requirements of the job. In most cases, choose a fast tacking glue that dries quickly to a firm bond. Test any glue first to confirm adhesion.